Key Stage 1
The Rhythmajig Curriculum for KS1 builds upon the content from Early Years, although the lesson plans can be started at any stage.
- Story based curriculum, visiting musical destinations and meeting musical characters.
- Visiting the islands of The Rhythmajig World to engage children in their learning.
- From the very first lesson, children are looking at rhythmic notation.
- By the end of Year 2, children are reading stave notation confidently and independently.
- Resources for all children to play an instrument and create their own music are supplied.
- Songs, stories and other material enhance their learning journey.