Years 3 and 4
Story based learning, with a more 'grown up' feel. Unusual characters, who take their learning to the next level.
- The Rhythmajig World is under threat from the evil Sforzando, who wants to take control of all music.
- Zoom off into outer space, to the planets of the Sound System to try to defeat him, whilst furthering their musical knowledge.
- Reading notation, understanding musical terminology,instrumental work, singing, composing and creating.
Years 5 and 6
Now moving away from story based learning, but building upon all skills from previous units of work.
- Children visit OcaRock City.
- Using entrepreneurial skills, they strive to restore the derelict city to its former glory, through music.
- Enhanced listening skills.
- Increased understanding of notation, musical theory, playing and singing skills and musical awareness.
- Learning about music from other cultures, styles, and eras.